Saturday, April 29, 2017

Heartwood

Heartwood

I sat in the waiting room and gazed at the beauty of the woodwork.
The soft glow of light streamed in and illuminated the rich grain,
drawing forth texture and softness through its satin finish, 
so strong- yet welcoming. I thought of the process that changed a rugged tree piece by piece, board by board, into this new form of inner beauty. 

I am much like this tree, coarse and unbending on the outside, 
but somewhere inside lies a powerful, warm, glowing softness- 
that can only be revealed after much change, stripping away my hard sinuous bark, cutting deeply into my heartwood to bring out the best within my core, richly veined and wholly perfected. 

Shaped by a loving Master whose gentle hand 
touched the very depths of my soul and set me free.
I am strong, useful and seen by all as a masterpiece-
giving of myself, because I am healed, I am an instrument of healing to all who would see what the Master has made of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment