Friday, April 14, 2017

Good Friday and the Songs of the Birds

As I left home and slowly walked across the school yard. I was greeted by the song of birds. The previous night's wind had ceased and all was calm and cool. I thrilled to hear the Western Meadowlark, Black-Throated Sparrow, Say's Phoebe, Mountain Bluebird, Yellow-Rumped Warbler, Rock Wren, and Mourning Dove. I stopped for a time and let the morning awaken in me a love for this time and place. As I waited in silence of spirit the horses neighed and the clouds drifted. Inviting me into a glorious "Good Friday" morning that I will not soon forget. 

 The Vibrant Scent of Hope

"Come sit with me"
the song of earth said.
Awake to the power,
drink from the saucer of life
the shimmering butter yellow dawn.

Feel the birds gentle prayer
as fingertips of song touch me.
joyfully saying "lift your spirit,
let your heart rejoice."

Alive with wonder I
taste the sunrise on my skin.
Where all nature assembles
in quiet gratitude.

Not a world of chaos,
but of song blending into
the vibrant scent of hope
filling every broken dream
with color. 











No comments:

Post a Comment